Check out this season’s hottest trends in fashion and beauty. The long and short of it: The 90s called and they’re bringing back- well- everything. Think square-toe boots, maxi-length cardigans, cropped shrunken tees, silk slip dresses, plaids…..When in doubt, dress like Rachel Green.
- Have you been dying to try bangs but never took the plunge? This fall is the time to do it. Blunt fringe bangs are having a major moment. Just please don’t try to DIY!
- Braids are back! Ivy loyalists know how much we love braids and this season they are bigger and better than ever. Need a tutorial? Schedule an appointment with one of our braid bar specialists and we’ll get you set up to DIY at home, all season long.
- Bright bold lips are here again! If you’ve never tried AVEDA’s Feed My Lips line, you are missing out. Not only do these colors pop- they last for hours and won’t rub off on the inside of your mask, leaving lipstick all over your face.
- Retro headwear is back! Try tying a chic silk scarf around your hair and have your very own Jackie O moment.
- Lavender is the color of the season. Not big on the purple? Accessorize with it instead.
- Loose fit denim. You may have missed the memo from Gen Z: skinny jeans are apparently over. Boyfriend styles, flares and bootcuts are coming back big. But we won’t judge you if you still wear your skinny jeans, too.
Celebrities Are Constantly Changing Their Look (And We Love Them For It!)
Have you ever considered changing up yours? Check out these fabulous celebs and their amazing styles for inspiration. Also, if you haven’t already, I invite you to read my letter in this month’s Tips and Trends where I share about the time I dyed my hair RED!
Click here to read.
If Felicity was still airing in prime time the last time you updated your hot tools, it might be time to explore some of the latest technology that will help you perfectly style your hair in no time:
- Dyson Supersonic– Yes, it’s pricey but stylists swear it’s worth the price for this blow drying beast, which can dry hair up to 6x faster than other dryers! Not to mention, it helps protect hair from extreme heat and increase smoothness and shine while decreasing frizz.
- Chi Twist and Curl- For those of us who have always wanted camera-worthy curls but just can’t get the hang of a curling iron without burning your fingers and never know exactly how long to leave the barrel on the hair, this miraculous device does the twirling for you and lets you know exactly when to unwrap the hair thanks to a built-in timer. The easiest, no-brainer way to curl your hair ever!
- Remington Flat Iron– Sure you can spend a small fortune on a flat iron (guilty), but now Remington makes some really great options that reduce static and frizz for less than $50.
- DryBar Double Shot Round Blow-Dryer Brush– For those who love the look of a blowout but aren’t coordinated enough to use a round brush and a dryer at the same time, the DryBar hot air brush is a perfect solution. It doesn’t get too hot like some other styles and helps give you that light, fluffy blowout look with just one hand.
And don’t forget to protect those strands- especially this time of year when the sun is giving your locks a little extra stress. Apply AVEDA’s Heat Relief Thermal Protector before styling to protect your locks.
It’s ok if you have absolutely NO IDEA what’s in fashion anymore given most of us spent the past year in an oversized t-shirt and yoga pants. In fact, all I know is that apparently skinny jeans are no longer in style. So, what is trending now? Well, a lot of things you might remember from the early 2000s. Here are the ones we love best:
- Sheer: When done tastefully, sheer layers can be elegant and classy. Just be sure to snap a photo (with a flash) before you leave the house to double check yourself and avoid any red carpet faux-pas.
- Puffy Sleeves: A little volume goes along way when it comes to sleeves. Plus it’s one of the only things people actually see on your Zoom calls. Make it count.
- Pastels: Mix and match all the pretty colors for a cotton candy dream look or stay monochrome. Either way we are loving this palate.
- Wide Leg Trousers: Ok, so we aren’t giving away our skinny jeans yet (sorry Gen Z), but wide leg trousers are one of those closet staples that always look fresh and put together.